lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
Captainmike248
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Riot Kit Install Time - G29 Drive

Hi All. After a few suggestions I called and ordered a "Riot" kit from Plowman's. I have to mention the service so far is a perfect 10 if not 20!

On to the question. What would be an estimated install time to do the motor, solenoid, and wires? I already have the Alltrax controller installed. First time golf cart "wrencher", but very mechanically inclined.

Also, if anyone who has done this install that can offer any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!
Captainmike248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
tinkerhaus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Riot Kit Install Time - G29 Drive

I did it last summer. Taking things apart took me longer than putting it back together as I wanted to make sure I kept track of what went where.

I had some challenges because I bent one of the pins in the harness as I plugged it in. It took a few back and forth with Don but as usual his support was top notch.

Set aside some 3 hours (less if you don't have kids interrupting like I did) and you'll soon be giggling like a little girl from the breakneck sensation of driving your race-ready golf cart.
tinkerhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
Captainmike248
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerhaus View Post
I did it last summer. Taking things apart took me longer than putting it back together as I wanted to make sure I kept track of what went where.

I had some challenges because I bent one of the pins in the harness as I plugged it in. It took a few back and forth with Don but as usual his support was top notch.

Set aside some 3 hours (less if you don't have kids interrupting like I did) and you'll soon be giggling like a little girl from the breakneck sensation of driving your race-ready golf cart.
Greatly appreciate it. Ya I have an hour and a half before the kids will be "helping" me. Lol. What kind of top end speed did you achieve with the kit?
Old 03-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #4
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Installed a riot kit about a year ago. It was fairly simple. Motor is pretty stout so be ready for it once you unbolt. Go ahead and remove back seat if you have one and remove access panel. Pay attention to the instructions, Alltrax has two of the wires backwards but it mentions it in the instructions. Make sure all your connections are tight. Speed will vary depending on how programmed, tire size, condition of batteries, etc. I’m running 23” tires and Don (Hell of a guy) programed mine for torque due to me using 100% off-road. I’m getting around 24 mph on gravel and it will climb a tree!! Your going to love it. Remember the break in period, very, very important. Feel free to ask any questions and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #5
Captainmike248
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerusm View Post
Installed a riot kit about a year ago. It was fairly simple. Motor is pretty stout so be ready for it once you unbolt. Go ahead and remove back seat if you have one and remove access panel. Pay attention to the instructions, Alltrax has two of the wires backwards but it mentions it in the instructions. Make sure all your connections are tight. Speed will vary depending on how programmed, tire size, condition of batteries, etc. I’m running 23” tires and Don (Hell of a guy) programed mine for torque due to me using 100% off-road. I’m getting around 24 mph on gravel and it will climb a tree!! Your going to love it. Remember the break in period, very, very important. Feel free to ask any questions and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greatly appreciate the advice. I installed it Friday in just under 3 hours. Fairly straight forward. Don has definitely been a GREAT help! I'm on 23's as well. On smooth pavement it'll hit 25mph but after hydroing my batteries and speaking with Don it appears I need to balance or level the cells.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha