lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 AM   #21
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 80s Yamaha G1 full throttle goes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin90GSX View Post
Would there be no fuel at all in the fuel pump though? I'm tempted to buy a new fuel pump but they are about $90 but don't want spend that if my pump is fine.

Any other tests to determine if it's just fuel related vs seals?
The seals are often a process of elimination thing. Once you scratch everything else off the list and the seals are the only thing left then those are the likely problem. Start with the pump. Any 3 line vacuum pump will work on your cart. A lawn and garden shop will have something for a lawn tractor that will work. You should be able to get one for under $20. You may as well get one try one out. If the new pump doesn't rectify things then you are going to want to check all fuel and vacuum lines for cracks / leaks. If none are found then you will likely need crank seals.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2019, 09:45 AM   #22
Kevin90GSX
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
The seals are often a process of elimination thing. Once you scratch everything else off the list and the seals are the only thing left then those are the likely problem. Start with the pump. Any 3 line vacuum pump will work on your cart. A lawn and garden shop will have something for a lawn tractor that will work. You should be able to get one for under $20. You may as well get one try one out. If the new pump doesn't rectify things then you are going to want to check all fuel and vacuum lines for cracks / leaks. If none are found then you will likely need crank seals.
Appreciate the feedback that's where I will start!
Kevin90GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #23
Kevin90GSX
Not Yet Wild

Well popped on the new fuel pump and no gas is getting into it. Does the hose on the crank case come off? Thinking of just changing all the fuel lines before I tackle the crank case seal.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #24
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I had the same problem, no prime from tank to fuel pump. You can suck on the fuel tank line or use a hand pump to prime that line then the fuel pump should start pumping when you crank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #25
Kevin90GSX
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentofdestiny View Post
I had the same problem, no prime from tank to fuel pump. You can suck on the fuel tank line or use a hand pump to prime that line then the fuel pump should start pumping when you crank.

If I had the pump hooked up correctly and the line off the carb and I hit the peddle would gas come out of the hose not connected to the carb?
Old 04-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #26
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin90GSX View Post
If I had the pump hooked up correctly and the line off the carb and I hit the peddle would gas come out of the hose not connected to the carb?

Yes, BUT if the fuel has evaporated from the line between the tank and pump, the pump will not suck it all the way from the tank.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #27
Kevin90GSX
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentofdestiny View Post
Yes, BUT if the fuel has evaporated from the line between the tank and pump, the pump will not suck it all the way from the tank.

So I would have to suck the line that would usually go to the carb then to get fuel into the pump?
Old 04-16-2019, 05:10 PM   #28
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No you'd take the tank (input) line off the pump and suck that then once it was full of fuel you'd put it back on the pump and take the line off at the carb and it should flow when cranking now

Old 04-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #29
Kevin90GSX
Not Yet Wild

Success!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaElQoaXyg

So went to blow some air in the feed line going to the tank and heard pop! The fuel filter had started to seperate. Popped a new filter on and the new pump and she's good as new! Well as new as you can get for an 82. Lol
Old 04-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #30
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Noice!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha