lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2019, 07:29 AM   #11
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 02 txt shuttle eh350

comp test with both plugs out holding WOT for 3 seconds, 175 psi.
pulled the air cleaner and was able to choke the engine a little and it doesn't hiccup and comes off idle like it should, crisp. that being said what would cause this cart to come out of winter storage, get a carb cleaned, new plugs, new air filter, new battery and now all of a sudden have a bad hiccup. plugs are showing more black than i like. i have another carb here off a 295 i might try as well as a new oem coil.
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2019, 08:05 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If it ran fine before storing it for the winter, and now it does this, I was unaware the cart had been sitting for several months. IF you can choke it by hand and it runs like it should then it confirms a fuel issue.

I'd suspect bad gas. Easy fix, drain the tank COMPLETELY and fill it with fresh gas. See what kind of a difference that makes before you start swapping too many parts.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

The best I remember I told him this on post number 8 CP241

Make sure that gas is fresh if you have to drain it out. I can share the tip on getting the gas out easy if you don't know

I also asked a question which he seemed to ignore.

I seem to waste lots of my time saying the same thing over and over when dealing with these carts. A few people will come back and tell the results but most never post back.
I am going AWOL over and out
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post

Make sure that gas is fresh if you have to drain it out. I can share the tip on getting the gas out easy if you don't know

I seem to waste lots of my time saying the same thing over and over when dealing with these carts. A few people will come back and tell the results but most never post back.

CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #15
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post

this is not a key start cart. i will replace all fuel with fresh and see if it works itself out. thanks guys for the help. i will be back on here to inform you of the results.!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #16
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

no luck, i will try and post a video of the symptoms.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:41 PM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I went on an R&R ( AWOL was what I did once way back when )
but I am back rested and relaxed. Now, let's get this cart going.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #18
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i'm going to inspect linkage and micro switch placement, curious if that may be a causing a stutter on start up. it troubles me that from a stop you can WOT any other cart and it wouldn't have an issue because the governor linkage would take over at that point. any thoughts on this stuttering sack of ....... it crushes my spirits that it can run fine up in the mid to top rpm range but from start up is a big ole coughing mess.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #19
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Have you charged the battery since it has been sitting all winter ? A weak battery will cause this problem.

Can you take the battery and have it checked somewhere ? Let them charge it and test it to make sure we have full voltage.

If it was running good when you parked it that is about all I can think of as you said you put fresh gas in it.

I worked on one for a few hours once and all the time the battery was weak because the voltage regulator was bad. It would spin over and what I thought was good enough was not. I think I tried just about everything except the one issue of a weak battery.

I charged the battery for two hours with my 220 amp charger, replaced the detective voltage regulator and it would take the gas the second you hit the pedal. No coughing back.

If you do have a 220 amp battery charger don't run it while on full charge. It can blow the ignitor if your were to do this. Not always but it could so that is my warning. I trashed a good ignitor years ago doing this.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #20
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpFfSU1x1cA
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO