lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #11
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 YDRE - Possible Overheating?

I would call Don Plowman of Plowman's Carts, a site sponsor and he'll recommend the correct motor. He worked very close with Alltrax on the development of the XCT controller and different motor options.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2019, 01:04 PM   #12
Craeshe
Getting Wild

http://ddmotorsystems.com/ChooseAMot...otors-Computer

What about this one? Anyone know the business? Still looking for any suggestions.

Vehicle: Regen - Yamaha Drive - G29 Application Parameters:

Lift Kit - Yes,

Big Tires - Yes,

Backseat or Utility Bed - Yes,

Hilly Terrain - Yes
1. Torque Focus

2. This is an economical hunting buggy solution.

3. Currently the highest torque motor in the aftermarket! Excellent for hunting Buggy and lifted vehicle applications.

4. This selection does not include a controller upgrade! If your application has rolling or very steep hills along with the vehicle having a lift kit, big tires, a backseat or a utility bed, then you will most likely burn up 4 vehicle parts. Those parts include the controller, solenoid, wires and *forward & reverse switch (*series carts only). If the operator does not upgrade those parts to the level that is required, then D&D Motor Systems will not be held responsible for any damages, injuries or death that may occur.

5. For the motor to function properly, the motor speed sensor must be connected to the vehicle. This can be done by cutting the motor and vehicle connectors off and splicing the three wires. For online purchases a quick adapter is included, so splicing is NOT required. View Image Here.
Craeshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #13
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Alright, i forgot to mention, we did recently, in the last month, update the mother board on our charger. It finally blew and the best fix was a direct replacement.

With that said, here are some of the pics of my motor currently. I see the problem, can you tell me if the charger may have caused this, or simply the wrong kind of motor? The source of the burning smell is diffidently coming from this part of the motor. You can see one of the blocks looks like it melted. :-(

Additional, when i took off the speed sensor on the side, the metal ring pictured crumbled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190628_131653.jpg (133.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190628_134705.jpg (153.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190628_134725.jpg (147.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190628_135633.jpg (165.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190628_135637.jpg (184.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-28-2019, 02:55 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The charger had nothing to do with it. Just a general overloaded condition used up the brushes.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:29 PM   #15
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Soooooo...I pulled out the check book. We live in a place were we use the cart daily. I have put some money into it already, new batteries, updated control board on the charger...etc..

I just broke down and did it - Upgraded Controller, Upgraded Solenoid and a New motor - After a bit of research.....

Here is to a simple install once it all comes in!

Cheers!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha