lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2019, 04:45 PM   #31
shane70
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Old E-Z-Go Golf Cart

here you go
Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
I studied your pictures a little more.
I don't see a voltage regulator. 79 had a 4 wire obsolete model that is not available. Your engine should have the newer 3 wire regulator.

You have a strange key switch. It is a 3 terminal model. We will have to test it with a meter to see what the different positions do. My guess would be an accessory position for lights.

All of those electrical connections will need to be cleaned. The FnR switch should come apart to be cleaned too.

I see what looks like a throttle cable, but can't tell if there is a carburetor attached to it.

I would like to see more engine pictures. Front, back, and top. I can't see if the drive clutch is there.
The engine mounts with the spark plug pointing towards the driver's side. Some of the head bolts are used for mounting. All of your engine bolts are going to be metric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190629_163147.jpg (291.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190629_163206.jpg (296.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190629_163233.jpg (313.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190629_163250.jpg (285.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190629_163302.jpg (270.7 KB, 0 views)
shane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 05:11 PM   #32
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Old E-Z-Go Golf Cart

The clutch is there. That's good news.
Looks like one of the engine mounting bolts may be broken off.

Grab the engine, and clutch. See if the crankshaft moves up, and down. Actually, don't bother. You need an entire rebuild.

I only see one wire coming from the engine. That means points, and condenser. There are threads on here about working on them, and converting them. I can't help you there. The last time I worked on points was when I was learning how to repair magnetos on 9 cylinder radials back in 1983.

Tell us what your plans are. What would you like to do with this?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ec25-2pg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO