lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Mitty888
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 rocker question

How do the lifter and rocker assembly get oil to them? Is one of the hoses off of the valve cover going to the crank case an oiler line via vacume? How do i make sure I am getting oil up to to them? Sorry for all the questions.
Mitty888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 rocker question

do you mean the line from the top of the valve cover tyo the airbox?
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
Mitty888
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That is one of the three hoses but I would assume the line going to the airbox is a breather. The other two hoses run to the crankcase. Does either supply oil to the rocker assembly? If not, how do they remain lubricated?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The oiler line (2 hoses and a steel tube) at the back of the engine is the oiling supply from the crankcase. Also on the (passanger side) of the valve cover is a hose (with a 90 degree bend in it) and that hose has a "check valve" in it. As the oil "climbs" up the feeder tube the check valve "holds" the oil in the tube (like a ladder). You could take the valve cover off and run the car in neutral to see if oil is coming up to lube the "rockers" and then it drains down to lube the lifters ect ect ect. Hope this helps. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
Mitty888
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Dave. This was what I had assumed but I really wanted some sort of confirmation.

I replaced the hoses on the oiler line and assumed that I would be able to suck oil up through the line but I was just sucking air. How does the oil in the crankcase get to the line?

Sorry for all the questions.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #6
kantuckian
Gone Wild

would also like to know how oil gets to lifters
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Oil in the crank case is splash lubrication, what that means at 2000 rpm is a spray mist all over the place. It gets blown up to the rockers. I tried to run a fuel pump off a fitting above the crank and it filled up with oil in about 2 minutes. The blow by from the piston makes pressure that gets released in the valve cover, so they use that to carry oil up there. That is why an old engine with lots of hours will start blowing oil into the airbox because more blowby makes for more oil up there. Typically they try to have only air/fumes and not the oil end up going to the airbox to get burned.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha