lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2019, 08:50 PM   #1
Piratesailor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Brake frustration

I inherited a poorly maintained 1997 Gas TXT. When I found it buried in the garage of a property I bought it didn’t run. So, new carb, filter and fuel pump and it runs great.. just doesn’t stop for ^&*(.

Since it’s used around the property not a big deal but recently I decided to fix the brakes. What a cluster.

First, everything was pretty much frozen, Heat, PB blaster and some Irish engineering (hammer) and it’s apart except for the clevis pin that connects the brake cable to the brake lever. Both sides are frozen or rusted. A friend told me to try pouring some brake fluid on it to soften the rust. Any other ideas? (Tried heat and PB and hammer)

While battling that, I decided to clean everything and see if it all will at least move freely and order new shoes and springs.

Went to amazon and ordered a set of shoes and tried to install pending removal of the clevis pin. Shoes didn’t fit. The looked identical. But no.. just a MM to large. Amazing what a number will do. Part I ordered is 70795-g01. Part I NEEDED was 70794-g01. The “95” said it would work with the 97 Gas TXT. Nope.. couldn’t get the hub back on despite turning the adjusting wheel all the way in. Going to return the ones I have and order the “94” shoes.

In the mean time, so it can be used while I take an extended trip, I put it back together with all the old stuff. Since I did lube/grease/clean/adjust, it might actually stop a little more than before.

But to the clevis pin. Any suggestion, would be appreciated. A little clarification too.. they are both stuck/frozen on the brake actuator arm and not the cable. Tried PB and Heat and the Irish thing already.

Thanks in advance!
Piratesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO