lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #11
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 Motor Brushes or Controller?

It kind of sounds like if the commutator is damaged, I should just invest in a new motor. I’m not opposed to that. Then again, I don’t want to buy a new motor and have to buy a new controller this time next year. What do you suggest?
bthinerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The stock motor isn't too awesome, and the stock controller isn't good for aftermarket motors. That really limits your options to another stock motor, or a big upgrade. If you are planning anything other than street/golf use & stock or barely bigger, might as well do the big upgrade.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:21 PM   #13
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Will do. I’ll look into the motor tonight and get back to you with the results and my findings. Thank you for all of your help!
Old 10-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #14
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well- life got busy; but I had the time to look into the golf cart today. I took it apart, and cleaned (I use that term loosely) before I reinstalled it, and tried a motor test with a 12V battery I saw on the BGW forum earlier. Nothing. I’m opening the wallet wide, and buying a new motor. What kind should I get? I will NOT replace the controller. My other golf cart made me replace the controller and motor, and I will NOT do that again.

I want a stock replacement, and not too expensive, but then again, beggars can’t be choosers.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:02 PM   #15
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Update! IT RUNS! We purchased a D&D Motor Systems Yamaha Stock Replacement. It showed up at our doorstep today at 5:30, and it was running by 8. Of course, there was some distractions, so it didn’t take me 2:30 to put the motor in, but by 8, it was running around the neighborhood smoothly. Jumping for Joy over here. Thank you to everyone who helped me out!

Appreciate it,
Blake
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha