lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
uniqueturf
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2015 Yamaha Concierge AC Power Controller Fault Codes

Need some help, I am getting three slow flashes and then 8 fast flashes on the controller, the cart is an AC powered cart, 2015. JC1-602634. Cart will not run, I have had batteries out for a while and just put them back in, pack voltage is 49.8 and the solenoid only has pack voltage on one side.

Also had to replace the charger end with the two prong because of availability. Does the grey wire on the charger plug need to be hooked up for the cart to run? or can it be disconnected?

Can these two problems be connected, I am new to Yamaha's an primarily work on club car.
uniqueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2019, 06:41 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2015 Yamaha Concierge AC Power Controller Fault Codes

Dont worry about the grey wire. I don't know the codes tho.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #3
uniqueturf
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

OK checked foot switch, good.

Checked key switch and somehow I have the wrong one, apparently my cart has factory lights so key switch wiring is different, tried to jump it and still nothing.

Does anyone know how to test the tps on the accelerator pedal? or do i need to get it scanned?

Solenoid not engaging (both small wires show 48.9V) , and cart does not run even when I jump solenoid.
uniqueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:07 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Lucky for us we haven't yet had to deal with anything other than battery replacements on the later AC Drives (and their EFI gas cousins) just yet. The original Drive had a Palm Pilot (remember those?!) to diagnose faults on the MORIC controller. Does anyone know if there is a handheld made to work with the later AC and EFI models yet?

OP: could have a failed controller. The controller controls the solenoid activation and I've jumped on on a dead Moric and got some rather trippy-colored smoke!
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

The AC system is diagnosed with laptop & software only as far as I can tell (no, I won't give it to you, besides it uses an expensive "USB to can" adapter). The pda is no longer supported at all by Yamaha for the DC cars either (but that's how I still do the DC cars). Yes, there is a diag tool for FI, it's the same used for their quads, but with a golf cart specific plug. In most situations, the diag tool wouldn't be mandatory, because the cart will "blink" the error code on the engine light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191023_124507571.jpg (60.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

True re: check engine light but our Drive 2 service manuals seem to have ever so conveniently omitted the fault code list!

I still have the Palm Pilot we were sold by a local Yamaha dealer but the touchscreen is dead so I can scan but I can no longer turn up the speeds. I set the soft-keys (hardware buttons) to load the diagnostic app and scan, and can change with the arrow keys and remap the app load shortcut to read the current speed setting but that's it. I have no way to get a replacement.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

There are many PDA that can do the job, not just the one provided by Yamaha. We use a Sony PEG-SJ22 (I think ingot the model right). I have successfully loaded the software on many different brands & models.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:19 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I do got a working Palm Tungsten E from a Goodwill that works fine, but I don't know where to get the Yamaha Genius diagnostic software anymore. Getting it to talk to Windows 10 was frustrating but I did succeed. Only problem is that when the battery dies it erases its internal storage--the Palm Z22 we were supplied has true non-volatile internal storage.

We got a consumer Mall in the older section of the city that had an old Palm Treo smartphone, It might be a neat experiment to see if it would accomplish the job if still there, besides, messing with old things like that intrigues me, I bet a Tracfone SIM would even activate the thing. I always pondered what smartphones were like before I got an iPhone (I was using a Nokia 5185i on prepaid well into 2009!)

Just concerns about aging Li-Ion batteries over a decade old has me a tad worried. I was amazed the Z22 still held a charge--it was made in 2005 according to its box.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:21 AM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

I've got 3 of the Yamaha Z22, the touchscreen always dies on those. And one day when the batteries for the Sony can't be found, I'm gonna have a problem. The Sony has a Memory Stick slot, so I put the Yamaha software on there & slid the switch to "read only" so it can't go away when the batteries die.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:51 AM   #10
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I always thought Palm OS installed 'apps' to internal. My Tungsten only allowed MP3s, ebook files, PDFs and so on on the SD card. It's not Android-based so there's no such thing as 'apps-2-sd'

I'll have to see if I can 'rip' the apps on the Z22 off by syncing with my Windows 10 laptop. I had since deleted the software so yay! back to the headache of forcing compatibility with 1990s software again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha