lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2019, 12:36 AM   #1
bobotto1
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 melex headlights work!!

hi all. just wanting to make sure i didn't miss something. i was backing up and the rear tire dropped into a hole and i heard a poof. only the headlights work. i replaced the coil and the controller. i checked out the forward/reverse switch and the motor. i removed all the wires and cleaned the connections and put them back on. i have a curtis 1204 controller - the old one was burnt inside. the new one - i have full voltage at B+ to B-. i have power to j1 when the pedal is pushed down with the key on. j2 to j3 get the pedal input 0 to 5k ohms. my reostat puts out 0 to 8k ohms. i even took a spare reostat and tried that. M- stays at 0 volts with the pedal up or down. the new controller came from china. what's the chance i got a bad controller? any thoughts would help. thanks in advance!! later, from bob in glendale,az :)
bobotto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
bobotto1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 melex headlights work!!

update: sent the chinese curtis controller back and installed a used Puerto Rico curtis controller and it moves... not so fast but it moves. i tried to adjust the speed controller rheostat but that is not going so well. it needs a 0to5k ohm input and i installed a 0-5k ohm rheostat in the controller. the rheostat needs to turn about 340 degrees and the foot pedal only gives me about a 90 degree swing. i have a 0-10k ohm rheostat on the way. hopefully that'll do the trick. :) i'll let you know soon :)
Old 10-31-2019, 04:03 AM   #3
bobotto1
Not Yet Wild

it works again!!! i solder in a 0to10k ohm rheostat in the speed controller. i need a 0to5k ohm input into the controller over a 90 degree arc and the 0to20k ohm was too much. when i had my batteries stolen, the thiefs were not nice and the speed controller was damaged. i solder in a 0to5k ohm rheostat but that given 0to5k over a 320 degree arc and not a 90 degree arc so the 0to10k ohm was the chosen one. it's been months since i got to cruise around in my golf cart. i am glad it is road worthy again in time for hollween!!! idk how many miles i have put on it but i am on my second set of tires!! :)
Old 11-02-2019, 02:38 AM   #4
bobotto1
Not Yet Wild

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...FZLMkcjDgaIVJM
Old 11-02-2019, 02:39 AM   #5
bobotto1
Not Yet Wild

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex