lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2019, 08:50 PM   #1
Timw7419
Not Yet Wild

Default New 2019 Adventurer lack of power

I just bought a new 2019 and it seems to have a less power that my 2017 Fleet QuieTech. I'm judging this by a hill climb from the lake to the house It's about a 22 degree incline up a paved drive. The 2017 will actually accelerate up the hill, and the new cart seems to lose power for the first 1/2, and then maintains. With 4 people in the cart, it makes it up, but struggles. The 2017 climbs with 4 people at a steady pace. The 2019 just seems sluggish overall. It runs fine, and climbs to top speed, but just seems slower to accelerate and definitely less power climbing the hill.

I've adjusted the governor on the the 17 for a top speed of about 19mph. I've adjusted the governor on the 19 for a top speed of about 17mph.

The 2017 has 22" tires and a 3" lift. The 2019 comes stock with a 2" lift and 20" tires and I have not changed it.

Is there a "break-in" period where the 2019 will gain power after some time? Should I take back to the dealer because something is wrong? Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!
Timw7419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
Timw7419
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New 2019 Adventurer lack of power

Update - I just finished the Plowman clutch and belt upgrade and an hour with Don - cart is now a different machine! I can't say enough about Don and the time he spent with me and the results when we were done.
Timw7419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #3
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Don Plowman is the man when it comes to Yamaha carts! His performance kit made a night and day difference on my '87 G2. Top speed is 25mph with 7" lift and 22" tires. Climbs like a billy goat too!
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
Kinny
Not Yet Wild

I just finished the 2017-YTD performance kit upgrade on my 2020 Drive 2 EFI Adventurer 2/2. I’m very happy with the results. Don was disappointed that I could only test speed on a bumpy and couldn’t see full gains. Even so saw 28mph on a couple of my runs. Looking forward to actually seeing it run on asphalt, but won’t be until the summer. Another happy Don Plowman customer.
Kinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny View Post
Another happy Don Plowman customer.
I dont think I've EVER seen anyone say they weren't completepy thrilled with anything from plowmans.

Hell, I don't think I've ever even seen anyone say he was just "good". Its always 1000x above and beyond any expectations no matter how high.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha