lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2019, 06:47 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Cart worth Fixing?

Have you tried to turn it over by hand?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #12
reynolds72
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Have you tried to turn it over by hand?
yes, the motor is free
reynolds72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:19 PM   #13
reynolds72
Not Yet Wild

So it looks like I am missing the gas tank, Carb, Air box, everything on the flywheel side including missing the coil trigger and the ignition box. I have the coil, the starter, and the starter relay. Now everyone has me thinking about the builder 460 kit from vegas Karts. By the time i get a decent carb, the ignition box, and the coil trigger and the flywheel i am gonna be at the $375 for that motor kit. So I went and pulled the motor and found pretty bad rust where the battery was. I have a welder so I could patch and scab new metal if needed. Is it too bad to fix? Also with the 460 builder kit will it mount on the same mounting holes as the original motor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1452.jpg (201.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1454.jpg (165.0 KB, 0 views)
reynolds72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:55 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I havent met a G2/G9 yet that the battery tray WASN'T rusted out. I'd just use a piece of sheet metal, cut to size and tack it into place. You can use an aftermarket battery tie down from.your local hardware store.

As for the motor, I'd think logically.

Airbox = $250
Ignitor = $300
Carb (OEM) = $100 used
Flywheel = $30 (I found one in my scrap pile you could have for shipping)
Gas tank = $100
Pickup coil (I may have one, worst case used on evay) $50

You're looking at approx $800 in missing parts. Plus another $150 in parts to rebuild that motor. Minimum $1000 In used parts on a cobbled together cart.

Alternatively, for $1599 you could have a drop in bolt in 23hp motor from vegas carts and have the cart running, driving, and hauling butt in a few hours.

I'm not generally a "swap it for a big block" kind of guy. However, in your case, with the parts you step missing (which can be incredibly hard to find) I would do the vegas carts swap in a heartbeat.

Then sell your OEM engine, muffler, starter/generator, etc. Youlld probably get $400-500.in your used parts to help offset the swap kit cost.

Just my .02
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:01 PM   #15
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Not sure if it will work or not but I have a good complete G16 Motor that I will sell for $400.
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #16
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

For the body cleanup,Power-Wash,then scrub it with a Magic Eraser,those things will clean anything.My Brother Inlaw did his,looked really good when finished.The G2/G9 motors are cheap to rebuild,its the Hard-Parts that hurt the wallet(Crankshaft,Balance-Shaft,Muffler,Ignitor,AirBox,etc...). Check the frame around the area where the swing-arm attaches,really common to rot there,Ive fixed a bunch of them,made and replaced frame-rails in one too.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:29 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Mix bleach half with water and douse the cart in it, let it sit, pressure wash or brush and rinse. That will give you a start.

The cheapest way is a 420 clone around 300, you need an adapter for clutch, need to come up with an exhaust and odd parts to complete. You need a mount from Vegas or make one. You can get the 460 and more power, HD block, its a great deal if you spend more for it. I would go clone unless you want to spend for a twin lifan or harbor freight. A stock 420 will have near twice the power of a tired G9 engine, it will be brand new. The only issue is lifan has ut2 ignition which is great it advances, but it also rev limits at 4K so you need another coil to get high speeds.

Make sure the trans is good, pretty rare they go bad but I would check before you invest.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #18
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Hey there Reynolds, I have a G2 (almost identical to a G9), that I have been working on since I bought it.

Whatever you decide to do with the engine, you're gonna enjoy that cart!

Check out this link, it is a great source to find the exploded views of every part of your cart with part numbers listed.

https://shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog...&dealernumber=

I then have searched on www.partzilla.com for the parts which are priced cheaper in most cases than Amazon or Ebay. I bought a new mikuni fuel pump from them cheaper than I could find it anywhere else!

Good luck with the cart, keep us posted on which direction you decide to go with your engine and post up some pics along the way!
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha