lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2020, 01:45 AM   #11
tempocrazed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 92 G9 No crank or click when stepping on pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yow View Post
The small wire to the solenoid has to have 12 volts to activate it. That's what I was talking about before on my ezgo. The microswitch connected to the gas pedal on it is what sends the 12 volts to the small wire on the solenoid. There should be a switch somewhere that works off of the gas pedal or the cable from the pedal to send that voltage to the solenoid.
I gotcha now. I spent the entire day at the lake woking on it (about 60 miles from where I live) and I ended up rebuilding the wiring harness from the ground up. Now it turns over. Although I screwed up one thing and it doesn't start now. I am pretty sure I know what it is though. I changed some things on the harness and now my CDI isn't getting power, oops! Oh well, it got late and the mosquitoes were horrible. I'll go back on Thursday and fix that.

Basically the harness wires were all cracked and I also replaced the terminals inside the connectors where I could and cleaned the ones I couldn't. There was so much corrosion in there it was dropping my voltage to the solenoid to 0.6v. Now I get 12v to the solenoid from the pedal switch and the starter cranks.

Thanks for you help everyone. I'll let you'll know when it's finally running again!
tempocrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2020, 01:33 PM   #12
Robert Yow
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

That's awesome tempocrazed!!!
Robert Yow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #13
tempocrazed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yow View Post
That's awesome tempocrazed!!!
Thanks. I've learned so much about the electrical system on these things through this adventure that now I should be able to help others.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:08 AM   #14
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Hey Tempo, great work diagnosing that issue! Love the attitude about helping others with what you have learned, that is what makes this community so awesome!

It's Friday now so I am curious if you got it wrapped up yesterday? Post up a pic of your dad's G9, we all love looking at the carts that are being worked on.

Look forward to reading that it is fixed and that your dad is able to drive it again!
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #15
tempocrazed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROB View Post
Hey Tempo, great work diagnosing that issue! Love the attitude about helping others with what you have learned, that is what makes this community so awesome!

It's Friday now so I am curious if you got it wrapped up yesterday? Post up a pic of your dad's G9, we all love looking at the carts that are being worked on.

Look forward to reading that it is fixed and that your dad is able to drive it again!
I didn't grab any pics of it, but yes it is working again. I am so relieved and so is he. He was getting frustrated about it and was going to just go buy one. I'm happy I got the opportunity to work on it and plan on doing more next year. I'm going to put in a bluetooth sound bar and fix all the holes in the plastic body. I'm also trying to convince them to do a lift and bigger tires as it's mostly used offroad now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha