lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2021, 09:36 AM   #1
lawnarjax
Not Yet Wild

Default New guy questions

Read lots of posts and got lots of info on tons of topics, but I am trying to make some upgrade decisions and I need some info I can't seem to nail down in the forum.

First off I have a 1994 G9 based on the serial number on the plate on the cart.
As I understand it the G9's and G2's are largely identical. I find that runs true in the parts searches that I am doing. I am getting ready to order a 6 inch lift kit and beefier rear shocks for account for an eventual rear seat. The beefier shocks specifically listed for the g2/g9 are double the cost of the ones listed for later g models.

Is there actually a difference in the rear shocks in my 1994 G9 and lets say a
1995+g14/16/19/22?

(Edit: So I did some digging in a product review for some HD shocks for the later G models and a reviewer stated that he put them on a g9 with no issues. So I am still unsure of any technical issues, but I am saving 50%. Heck its amazon they will take anything back.)
lawnarjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: New guy questions

Different lengths is the first problem that I can think of.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
lawnarjax
Not Yet Wild

I would tend to agree, however none of the threads in this forum provide useful information on the length of the shocks, even when that direct question is asked in several threads. It is the strangest thing, someone asks about shocks on a g2/g9 and the thread goes silent. I will fix that, my contribution to this forum when I get the old shocks off and the new ones to compare.
lawnarjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:57 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Its pretty easy to make lift brackets for the rear, I made ones with multiple holes so I could adjust the height and stiffness of the rear. It works like a charm, other than you have to unbolt them. Its just 1.25 square up in the hole and plates for the shock bolt, one plate screwed to rear frame to keep it still. You could make this for different shock length, within reason.

You can see the brackets here:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=67962&page=33
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha