lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #1
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Default Hissing from muffler

My buddy has a G14 that just stopped running one day. He hasn't been able to figure out what was wrong with it. Replaced the carb, fuel pump and battery and it would not run. I went over today and the starter belt was slipping so I tightened that up and got it to turn over. It will turn over a few times and stop running. After it stops running there's a hissing noise that comes from the muffler. You can put your finger over the end and it stops. Plugged muffler?
BIGBREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Default Re: Hissing from muffler

He might have too much oil in the motor, I told him to change it and put only one quart in.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:50 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Could be oil. I'd look at the valves too just as a precaution. If the cart runs good the muffler wouldn't be plugged up. Does the cart smoke?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

He changed the oil today. That's not the problem. His son was driving it around the yard and it just quit one day. It will turn over a few times and then it stops. Almost like it's not breathing through the muffler. You get a little air once the motor stops turning over and it sounds like a tire leaking from the muffler. I had him spray the exhaust bolts with some penetrating spray. Going to try pulling the muffler tomorrow and see what happens. Try blowing some compressed air through the muffler once it is off and see if there is any flow.

Can you cook the G14 muffler too?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha