lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
AddctdGmbler
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas pouring out of tube underneath cart

I'm not sure what's going on here with my '96 cc gas. This situation has happened about 4 or 5 times now in the last 10 times i've had it out. Playing golf today and about 12 holes into it, I get in the cart to go and it sputters and just won't go. It sounds like it's trying to but it just won't go. Underneath the cart, there is, what i'm guessing is like an overflow tube coming off of the carburetor or there abouts. This thing is pouring the gas out. Almost like it's being siphoned out. After messing with the cart for a few minutes I keep trying to get it to hit. I finally wait for about 5 minutes and get in and it takes off. What do you think is causing this? I just changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filters and air filter a couple weeks ago.

Any help or advice is appreciated.
AddctdGmbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Gas pouring out of tube underneath cart

I had the same identical problem. The carburetor float needle was not closing completely. I tried cleaning carb several times but it wasn't working. Replace the fuel line and the fuel filter, then take the carburetor off and remove the float and needle (there is only a little pin olding it on). Spray a lot of carb cleaner throw the fluel line and all other holes on the carb.

This solved it for me.
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's what they call a stuck float...It may or may not be stuck, that's what they call it.
I've seen floats get pinholes in them, and they no longer float. That will hold the needle open also.
Other than that, it's sticking somewhere and cleaning good will usually fix it.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
AddctdGmbler
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I'll try that this weekend.
AddctdGmbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car