lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
GDodson
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart Won't Start, Won't Crank Either. Would Like Help, Please.

Hello all, my first post here.

I like these forums thus far, as it seems everyone wants to help everyone in the joys of their carts.

Anyways, let me give a little background on the cart I'm working on.

About 2 years ago, I found a cart at a garage sale. I believe it to be a 2004. Knew the people alright, but I've since lost contact with them.

I got the cart for a steal of $300, and I've seen it running on many occassions, just not while I've had it. It has been sitting ever since, and I'm trying to do some detective work on why it isn't running.

After lifting open the seat, I found that one of the micro switches had been removed, as there were a few pieces of it inside the black box. Also, it looks like at some point, someone switched the 10 Amp fuse, with a 15 amp.

I've stared at the wiring diagrams for hours, and cannot find anything else missing, and I think their kids tried to hack around with it, and make it 'faster', in which they caused some serious issues.

I would really love to get this started, and give it to my parents, as they live in the country, and could really put the cart to some great use.

I'd like to know where the first area to attack would be. I have read about attempting to 'jump the solenoid' with a screwdriver, but I'm very hesitant as I don't want to make anything worse.

I'm a DIY'er, typically out of necessity, and feel that I can handle a project like this, I just haven't done it before, and don't want to mess the cart up anymore.

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. I can also provide pictures if that would help.

- Beau
GDodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
GDodson
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart Won't Start, Won't Crank Either. Would Like Help, Please.

Well, tested it, the solenoid is creating a spark, but the cart isn't turning over.

Any input?
Old 08-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Cart Won't Start, Won't Crank Either. Would Like Help, Please.

Howdy G... Have ya checked the battery voltage? Look under the glove boxes where the dash meets the floor board. There should be a serial # with a bar code after it. Post it and we can tell ya for sure what year it is. Any other pics will def. help.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Beau, I'm not much on CC's, but you have painted a pretty broad picture here. Can you be a little more specific, maybe post some pictures of where you think the problems, i.e. the micro switches, so that the more knowledgeable will be able to give you some help......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
GDodson
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for being vague, this is the first cart I have worked on.

As far as the battery voltage, it was totally dead when I sat down with it. The lights would turn on, but VERY dim. I threw a trickle charger on there to charge the battery up, now the lights and tail lights are bright as can be.

As far as the micro switch that I have replaced, it was the "Accelerator Starter Limit Switch" That is stacked on top of the "Accelerator Kill Limit Switch"

They seem to engage / disengage at the same time, when depressing the gas pedal.

I can't find anything indentifying a serial number. Although, the entire cart has been painted prior to my owning it (the last owners decided on a funky color), so it could be somewhere under the paint job...

I'll look again in the morning, as it was dark when I looked a few minutes ago, maybe I missed it.

Pics in the morning, also. Thanks thus far for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car