lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
Yoyo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Front-end alignment

My first thought is "if I was lucky, the danged thing wouldn't have come off the trailer at all!". But seriously, the fact the cart veered off the road to the right, and not left into on-coming traffic, or stayed on the road where it landed is VERY LUCKY! There could have been HUGE consequences!
Yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Just curious... what were you hauling it on and what did you use for tie downs, if anything?
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
Yoyo
Not Yet Wild

I have a small flatbed utility trailer 4X8ft. The problem came when I didn't want to scratch my plastic hubcaps with the ratchet on the tie-downs. So I ran the nylon strap thru the stake pockets, which eventually cut thru the nylon. On post-wreck inspection, I could find NO scratches on any of the broken pieces of hubcap! I was successful!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
pansser
ZONE FREE ZONE

E-Z-GO

"On post-wreck inspection, I could find NO scratches on any of the broken pieces of hubcap! I was successful!"

you just made me spit coffee all over my keyboard!
pansser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
Deans
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

FYI: Jeff Foxworthy actually pays people to come up with stuff like that!!!

Yoyo, as for your original question about the camber adjustment... there is really no such thing if you're looking for what you would expect on a car. on your club car all you get is an excentric cam to center the camber (equalize) between the wheels. Checkout Lockman's details (post #24) to a similar question http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...lub-car-3.html

The bright side is that no matter what you do, you'll truly be running a Buggy Gone Wild...
Deans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
Yoyo
Not Yet Wild

Jeff Foxworthy should hang out with me. My father always followed me around and bet against me. He was a rich man!

I think my camber problem is to a state of no further correction. I have the spring moved as far to the side as the centering hole will allow. It is a lot better, but not ideal. I am now working on the toe-in. I think that may just clean up the camber too!

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car