lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
sol hunting
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default belt position on clutches

where should the belts be posistioned on the clutches for optimal performance and engine adjusment for belt slack.
sol hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: belt position on clutches

The belt should ride at the top of the driven clutch and have about 1 inch deflection in between the clutches with moderate preasure.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You want the belt tight enough to start pulling as low in the drive clutch as possible for more torque.
If the drive clutch engages and the belt is half way up the surface when it engages it is like starting in second gear and you should replace the belt.
The belt on my G2 actually moves the cart when starting because I redrilled the engine mounting holes and moved it forward a 1/2" but it starts on the first hit and doesn't cause any issues.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
BBissitt
Getting Wild

Club Car

How is that working out for you I just moved my engine forward a little bit but I had to put the muffler attach point on the front side of the rear cross member. My cart was way sluggish taking off and has no torque. there was times I was wondering if I was going to make it up the hill. I also just replaced the belt but have not been unable to test it out yet due to the body being painted.
BBissitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

should be at the top of the rear driven pully and at the bottom of the front drive pully. this = most bottom end torque and top end speed.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car