lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 loss of power

try pulling the fuel line offf the carb and putting it iton a can and run the engine in neuturel and see if, after a minute or so the flow slows down?
this is a strange problem.

motor getting tighter as it heats up makes sence to me, except that the motor would probably stall out if the motor seized up from heat expanstion. not just slow it down
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #22
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i messed with it some more tonight. swapped jets and my plug is getting better, but still on the rich side (easy fix on my end) but still have the loss of power.

it seems as though the plug is getting too much burn out on it, which may be causing the loss of power?? driving me nuts...
svmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #23
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

would the torque kit have anything to do with the loss of power OR limiting of the rev??
Old 04-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Sometimes bad ignitors do this, but they are expensive I'd try to swap a good one in. A coil might. Try checking the spark cold and hot, testers are $5 at autozone/etc and will tell you how strong the spark is. The ignitor changes timing, it could retard or something, nobody knows much about them. A sheared flywheel can screw up the timing but unlikely it would be good cold. You can pull the choke to find a fuel problem most of the time. If rich just open the air box some, take the silencer thing off is what I did. I once had mix off and it kept trashing the plug, when I pulled the plug boot half way off to create a gap to the plug, it would run. It must make the spark stronger. If it is wanting to seize, it should be really hot. You did put the oil slinger on correctly right? You used up all my ideas for now....one more, not sure what it will tell you, but a tired motor with blowby if you take the airbox hose from the head off it will blow smoke out when its hot, not when cold. I would guess a new engine not much comes out hot in comparison. One more, if it still runs...are you sure the clutch is not screwing up for some reason, never seen it that bad, but if it shifts wrong it pulls the rpm down it can seem gutless...but will not do that at high speed when it is shifted out anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #25
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the info. i have a spare G2 i will swap some parts out with tomorrow and report back.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #26
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Maybe a plugged gas tank vent or plugged/pinched/leaking fuel line starving the carb? Can you rig up a small gastank to feed the carb directly (gravity feed) to see if that does anything for you? If that makes it run OK, you know the problem is in your fuel supply. If the problem does not change, look elsewhere.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #27
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Update...swapped today from a good running g2:

Carb, fuel pump, coil, ignitor, and ran new fuel lines.

The only thing left to think of, is maybe the timing is off?? Not sure about pulling the motor again though...would timing be my issue on a frshly built motor?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #28
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

are you 100% sure you put the piston in right and also thing rings??
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #29
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Followed the allignment arrow on the piston and made sure the rings had the correct position according to the manual.

Looks like the motors coming back and maybe swap motors with "our spare, good running" g2 until I figure out what the problem is.

It makes no sense, maybe should have went with an EZGO?? But don't want to think like that...yet!

Still taking suggestions before saturday!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #30
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

OK good. just wanted to ask because i have seen people put them in the wrong way and have this problem. hope you figure it out.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha