lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Any ides from anyone on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
GMB74 well I just ordered me one of them springs sure hope it helps, Im pretty sure Tom is the owner of that site because I have purchased from him before.
Thanks again buddy.
Calvin
Yep, that Tom's place "CPP" great folks to deal with.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Automotive fans draw alot of amps and should be activated with a relay, you might consider a marine engine compartment blower fan.
low amps draw, moves a bunch of air and is round so you can run the 4" or 5" flex hose to it/from it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #13
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Automotive fans draw alot of amps and should be activated with a relay, you might consider a marine engine compartment blower fan.
low amps draw, moves a bunch of air and is round so you can run the 4" or 5" flex hose to it/from it.
Brilliant Crash!
They move ALOT of air as well.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #14
kogieblack
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Try a computer (PC) fan. Not sure though if it is 12V. Wire it in a such a way that it will only be activated when you press the gas pedal. At the same time, put in an exhaust fan that would blow the hot air out.
kogieblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #15
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kogieblack View Post
Try a computer (PC) fan. Not sure though if it is 12V. Wire it in a such a way that it will only be activated when you press the gas pedal. At the same time, put in an exhaust fan that would blow the hot air out.
Antother great idea! Thanks Art.
I sell these to GE for their production of medical equipment. They are extremely reliable.
I'm pretty sure these folks sell retail.
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/sea...FQrxDAodznq0Kw

At roughly $8.00 ea you could buy a few of them for intake and exaust
Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #16
kogieblack
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Antother great idea! Thanks Art.
I sell these to GE for their production of medical equipment. They are extremely reliable.
I'm pretty sure these folks sell retail.
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/sea...FQrxDAodznq0Kw

At roughly $8.00 ea you could buy a few of them for intake and exaust
Wow! You got a whole bunch of fans in there. I might as well use my idea on my G1. Not sure how to wire it though. Probably a separate relay.
kogieblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:40 AM   #17
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kogieblack View Post
Wow! You got a whole bunch of fans in there. I might as well use my idea on my G1. Not sure how to wire it though. Probably a separate relay.
I'd take the hot side right off the pedal. If you look at the data sheets, the amp draw is minimal even at start up.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #18
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Yep, that Tom's place "CPP" great folks to deal with.
They sure are and Ron said Tom was cute too.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I think I would look for a fan off a motorcycle or ATV, or they have some smaller fans for trans coolers on cars. Something like this:
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/52111/10002/-1
http://www.jegs.com/i/Derale/259/16910/10002/-1
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/52112/10002/-1

You would have to research if you want to slow one down, some of them really scream. That one is 4.5 amps, that should be do-able on a cart if its not idling all the time.

Don't know if you need a relay with them but they are only a few dollars anyway, but I was going to stick a snapdisk switch on the cowling of the engine where the air blows out (HVAC fan switch). Adjustable ones are more but set ones are <$10. Grainger has them make sure you get a 'close on rise' to activate the fan. I don't know what temp maybe 140 or more, you can move or insulate it to affect operation.

Relay: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...ource=googleps
Or hock one out of an old junk GM car they have banks of them under the hood. Buy one with the harness if you don't like to wire.

This was cheapest way I could figure to do it and have automotive grade components more or less. A PC fan is not going to move enough air to make a difference IMO. Even with this fan you will need to keep the vent open I don't think the one Newguy has is going to flow a lot of air. If you are pulling a big deck mower at limited ground speed it will need some air. Remember that G1 also has a massive muffler heating everything up in there. I don't know if a heat shield on it would work well or not, it would help sure but would it overheat the muffler or something near it. It would also be nice to have a panel/duct under the fan so it draws the heat off the engine/exhaust more instead of sucking from the axle, not sure what is possible there though the bag well must be fairly close to the frame anyway. Either way one of those fans should help quite a bit I would think.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #20
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
They sure are and Ron said Tom was cute too.
Cute as a button!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha