lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
custer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool battery with no specific gravity reading

I have a 1999 Club Car DS 48 Volt with 6 new batteries, One battery keeps going dead, no specific gravity reading, They are still under warranty and I have now had 2 replaced and now have another one dead, is this a golf cart/battery charger problem or a bad set of batteries? I had the charger checked out and the shop said it is ok but the problem seems to pop up after charging.I have removed and cleaned every connection on the cart, could the charger cause this kind of problem?
custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery with no specific gravity reading

Is it the same battery over and over or is it different battery each time?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

What you have is a SET OF either miss matched off the shelf batterys ( not fresh one month dated batterys ) OR more likely a bad batch and your SUPPLIER SHOULD REPLACE ( ALL ) WITH WHOLE NEW SET FRESH ONE DATE STAMPED BATTERYS AT THE VERY LEAST? DONT ACCEPT one or more batterys as the rest will not be far behind in going bad.
What brand of batterys are these as maybe we should all know about them so others in FORUM wont go through same problems with them? BID PRICED CONTRACTED BRAND batterys some times have bad batches of materials that cause these problems.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
custer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The batteries are Trojan date stamp J9 and to answer "Old Mec" It does seem to be the same location for the battery passenger side back.
custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is there anything hooked to that particular battery? Lights? Horns? radio? Something is causing a draw on it.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

double check the pack voltage AT THE CHARGER RECEPTACLE .... it has happened that only 5 batteries are getting recharged due to charge wires being on the wrong battery. I could happen
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

also make sure you have the 10 gage red eire from charge receptical, it goes on #1 battery pos terminal..........thats the rear battery passenger side............i have seen quite a few times the owner will put that wire on the front battery so when he was charging just the 5 batts were charging......if the battery thats giving yoou trouble is #1 battery ( rear batt. pass. side) your charging wire is not hooked up right...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
specific gravity
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car