lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
candleman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wiring question

No, I checked, the batteries are 12volt, are they not suppose to be? These were on the cart when we got it eariler this year and it worked until I had to remove the batteries to do some welding.
candleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

That's rather odd, these carts were 36v carts, I'm surprised it ran on 72v without modifications to the the controller, solenoid etc.
At 72v this cart would have run about 30mph.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
candleman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
That's rather odd, these carts were 36v carts, I'm surprised it ran on 72v without modifications to the the controller, solenoid etc.
Ironically, no it didnt run fast, and really bogged down on even the slightest incline.
we picked up this cart for $500 this spring and my daughter's already got $500 worth out of it this summer, but I would really like to get it going again for her.
candleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
KBrockman
Not Yet Wild

melex model 112 serial number 162827 does anyone have any ideas where i can find wiring digrams for this particular cart? vintage golf carts has several diagrams for this model however none match this serial number.quick run down on my problem,bought all new six volt batteries ran all new cables to batteries not new on selector plate or from motor cart will run but runs about 30 to 45 min then runs out of juice plug NEW charger in shows batts are 90% charged try again runs about 10 min then same problem!!!!!
KBrockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #15
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
It had to be wired as two 36 volt packs , for the cart to run, not all the batteries wired as a 72volt pack,--- just my 2 cent
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex