lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
ianders
Not Yet Wild

Default Need advice on a new clutch for my g16

Just rebuilt the engine on my 1997 G16. Engine runs great, but still backfires. Think the muffler might be clogged up, but that is a different topic. It ran grea for about an hour, then it felt like the clutch was "dragging". Almost like an engine break. I think it is time for a new clutch. Any advice on which one to get? And the best price? Does anybody have a used one they are looking to get rid of?
ianders is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Need advice on a new clutch for my g16

Likely has bad rollers, take cover off and inspect not that hard to install if you can run a wrench. Does it move in/out?
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
ianders
Not Yet Wild

I took the seat off and put a board accross the seat mount so I could watch the clutch work at speed. I looks like everything is working normal. There clutch goes in and out. I don't understand why it worked great for about 30 minutes, then started acting funny. Are the rollers located in the primary clutch?
ianders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Inside the primary, they get flat spots on them and don't roll anymore. It will cause the clutch to stay shut and bog the engine, or not shift at right rpm, etc. I don't know what engine problem would cause that.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha