lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
bdbaize
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 club car won't move

Help please I have tested motor it will run when it has been hot wired batteries are fully charged 49 volts solenoid was working but stopes clicking 48 volts on both big post as well as both small post I have rebooted OBC but don't know what to do next
bdbaize is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 club car won't move

[QUOTE=Help please I have tested motor it will run when it has been hot wired batteries are fully charged 49 volts solenoid was working but stopes clicking 48 volts on both big post as well as both small post I have rebooted OBC but don't know what to do next[/QUOTE]

In looking back on old posts you said your CC is a 2000 DS regen 2 is this correct? What is COMPLETE SERIAL NUMBER under passenger glove box on frame. If it is a 2000 DS Regen 2 cart I need more answers from you as follows for each question?
#1= you said battery pack was at 48-49 volts ( which is only about 60% of charge not full charged ) how did you test batterys to get this 48-49 volts?
A=digital hand held volt meter, B=dash mounted meter, C= have you done a specific gravity test with a single float hydrometer with temperature correcting and recorded each cell of each battery and if so give use readings? YES OR NO?
#2= when key is on, run and tow switch is in RUN, F&R rocker switch is in either direction, and you press down on accelerator pedal what happens? A=Does main solenoid click? B= no sounds at all? C=cart or wheels move just a little?
#3= when you were doing tests did you use a bypass HD guage cable hooked to (two large posts ) on main solenoid ( AFTER jacking rear of cart and putting solid stands under differential and blocks front and rear of front wheels to keep from moving ) and then going back to #2 do same procedure and pressed accerlator pedal and see if rear wheels would move?
WARNING DONT ALLOW MOTOR TO RUN OVER A FEW SECONDS as motor speed sensor might not work and ruin motor and possibly injure you with flying parts.
Please advise with EACH PART OF QUESTIONS so forum can help you find problem.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
bdbaize
Not Yet Wild

A0005-865847 yes that is me i tested them by ground on #6 and pos on #1 when i was charging them it read 53 volts , both of the solenoids was working (going in and out when u press and let off pedal but now are not working) i have tested motor it works there is 48 volts going into and coming out of both solenoids big post and also both small post on both solenoids
Old 09-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
bdbaize
Not Yet Wild

yes it was a digital hand held volt meter
Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

On serial number there are no AO CC only AQ that could look like AO, thank for numbers as it may help with answers.
Have you done a battery pack test at least one hour AFTER charging to allow for battery balancing out? And what is that reading please.
You are saying that on #2 that B= is happening ( no sounds at all )?
If so there is a problem some where starting anywhere from key switch to F&R rocker switch, to Run Tow switch, to MCOR unit itself, or solenoid, or the solid state controller itself?
Before doing the following tests check all plug in connections on wiring for loose or corroded conditions.
The following tests requires the blocking of front wheels front and rear to block from movement while doihg tests and then jacking up of differential and placing auto type jack stands under axles near springs so sudden motor motion wont cause cart to fall. The tests are best done with two people, one to press pedal and work switches and one to use digital meter and do test. Go to #2 and after doing all shown, while still pedal down do you have pack voltage at one SMALL TERMINAL on solenoid and when pedal is released power goes off? If this is case you need to place 6 guage HD type cable between 2 large posts on solenoid and see if motor runs when #2 is performed, if so replace solenoid and new resistor across large posts.
If this test shows NO voltage at solenoid then next test would be to do #2 again and check for voltage across run and tow switch when in run position? If NO voltage there check at F&R rocker switch for voltage at Orange wire and if power there either brown wire for forward or blue wire for reverse? No power at orange wire check key switch when on for power at both sides. The only thing left is the MCOR itself and for test procedure I need your email address to send you a copy of extensive procedure?
I know this seems like alot but this is a step by step way to test?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
bdbaize
Not Yet Wild

I will be preforming test this afternoon when I get home from work. My email address is bdbaize@aol.com
Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
bdbaize
Not Yet Wild

ok i did those test i got power to everything but i cant find the mcor i did find the multi step potentometer is that the same thing. my reverse buzzer goes off with key off, and i have 50 volts to seloniod both big post and both small post without pressing on gas pedel on both selonoid and the serial was on cart in more than one place just like i typed in i sent you a email of picture
Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Club cars "multi step potentiometer" = is a "V Glide" unit ( black pie shaped unit mounted on top of frame rail under drivers seat ) IS THIS WHAT YOU HAVE?, with series of small electronic resistors mounted under a cover on the back side of unit. Wires out of unit include following colors blue, purple, white black stripe, yellow, green white stripe with a 3 wire plug and 2 single wire connectors. Front and back covers snaps off to expose wiper arm, micro switch and series of contact that wiper arm brush moves across. If you would of had a "Motor Controller Output Regulator" =MCOR it would be mounted under passenger side floor, and this is what test procedure sent was for?
Sorry to have sent you down the wrong path with tests but without knowing which unit you had? From what I find its very unusual to have a V Glide unit STOCK in 48 volt Regen 2 cart because they come with MCOR as stock?
After doing ALL TESTS and sounds like finding voltage where needed, next step is to jack up cart as before but with NOTHING TURNED ON, put a heavy guage wire ( 6 guage if available ) across the large terminals on main solenoid, then turn on key, Tow run switch to RUN, put F&R in forward and press down on pedal and see if motor runs. If runs each time pedal pushed then you will need to replace solenoid along with needed diode ( if DIODE not built in and PRE CHARGE RESISTOR )
Hope to hear of success?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
bdbaize
Not Yet Wild

ok it is the controller what should i buy dont need high performance
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car