lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
celldawg
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage Regulator or Starter Generator

When Battery is Fully Charged the Cart will run for a bit but then seems to be that the battery is not getting charged back up. When boosted and the Cart is running it will keep on running. if i let go of the peddle it wont start again even if i let it run long enough to charge it up. I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem and what it ended up being. Voltage Regulator, starter/generator or the battery
celldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage Regulator or Starter Generator

There could be several issues but I would start with the battery. Hook up a DVM and check the voltage with the engine off. Now with the cart on stands start up and see what the voltage is with the engine running. Around 14 volts would be nice. Let us know what you see and we can move on. BTW on you next post can you state the year of the cart
Cheers
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
nsmithjr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I had somewhat the same problem on my 88 marathon. When the battery would lose voltage wouldn't turn over at all. Had the start/gen rebuilt, same propblem. Ended up replacing the voltage regulator, did the trick. Been starting up and running great. Hope this helps.
nsmithjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Do what Dave said and report back.

the green wire on the starter/generator is the charge signal. it goes directly to the voltage regulator. I have seen this wire come off the starter/gen. check that first. It is on the bottom of the start/gen. If it is good, than I woudl go for a voltage regulator.

In my exp if the start/gen will crank the engine is will charge with good components
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO