lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Powerdrive chargers

What is the difference (if any) between a powerdrive and a powerdrive 2 charger? I have one of each for 2 different carts and wonder if they can be switched on carts?

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive chargers

The part number is the same for 1995-2005 CC power drive and power drive plus chargers an EXAMPLE with 20' DC cord CC 48 volt charger #101802203 with 17 amp output.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Neither one says PowerDrive Plus. One just says PowerDrive and the other says PowerDrive2. They will both work on either cart. Just wondering if I`m messing something up by doing so. One cart is a 96 and it came with the PowerDrive. The other is a 99 and I bought the PowerDrive 2 for it as it didn`t have one when I bought it. Wish I could use one of them on my 91. I converted it to 48v from 36v and can only use my 48v charger that has a timer on it, as it requires the 2 prong, crowsfoot plug. I never know how much or how long to charge it.

CartTrader
Old 09-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

That works with year-model as the 1996 is a Power Drive Regen 1 and the 1999 is a Power Drive Plus Regen 2 model. The break between models occured in mid 1997.
You could wire in the earlier model 1995-1997 ( REPLACEMENT OBC # 101800606? ) as if I remember correctly that model was simplest to wire, then do as many do and replace the crowfoot plug in with 1995 and later round 48 volt receptical #101796501 as example.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

So , can I use either charger on the 96 or 99? I`ll look up the parts for the obc . I may just do that. Thanks

CartTrader
Old 09-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep CC calls for same charger for both ( 1996 and 1999 ) years so unless some one made changes to individual charger internals, Which I really doubt they work on CC from 1995 to 2005 with power drive chargers?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car