lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
hnsi
Not Yet Wild

Default Old or new

As I am looking for carts, I have been looking for mostly new carts in really good shape, but it has occurred to me that it might not be a terrrible way to go by getting an older body and frame and putting all new motor, controller, lift , tires, etc. and may come out cheaper and have a better performance cart.

Any thoughts?

-hnsi
hnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Old or new

If you are mechanically inclined and like to get your hands and clothes dirty and feel that you want to build a cart to show case your personallity, your ability, built to your own specs and have the TIME, tools, space, and a understanding wife and family and more important the MONEY THEN GO FOR IT. There will be no comparison of performace and looks when you have a personalized cart.
If its only to try and save money over a new cart then I would buy a new or near new cart of your choosing and start to enjoy it right away?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
Boris
DELETED

Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
hnsi
Not Yet Wild

I have all the time and understanding I need, for sure. I don't think anytbody would claim to have all the money they need, but I have what I think I need to put into a cart. I can get a nice '06 - '08 new batteries, complete factory refurbished condition for about $2200. From there I can get custom paint and maybe an upgrade or 2 with a grand or so.

I have abouut $3500 I can sink into one initially, and can get a decent '01 - '06 cart for about $1000, and look at putting on lift, replacing motor, controller, wires, etc. IU found a guy who will do custom paint on bodies for $300 - $550 depending on whether single color or custom theme. So, it would seem that my investment may not be all that different in the end. Just that if I go old, my cart will be much more to what I want, than a newer one will.

Does that sound at all right?
hnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you happen to pick a 36 volt cart that you like thats great, rather than spend money on different motor just retain that 36 volt motor as when updating to 48 volts it will give you as much power as a much higher HP 48 volt motor gives. It handles the additional voltage with no problems ( if in good condition ) I usually have them gone through with new brushes and bearings etc just to give it a fresh start.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car