lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Replacing Rear Bushings

im having a difficult time trying to replace the rear leaf spring bushings on my 97 ds. i got the rear most done ok, the upper shackle bushings were a major pain and now the front bushing is being difficult due to the brackets being in the way. right now i have the one side im working on up on jacks. would it be easier if i put both sides of the cart on jacks? is this process any easier with the plastic removed?

any tips on expediting this process would be of much help! cheers!
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Replacing Rear Bushings

I ALWAYS jack up and support cart by frame with auto type stands, place front wheels in straight forward position and block solid in both direction before trying to change springs or bushings, etc then a floor jack is very helpful to manuver axle around, and I have found that if you have a stuck bolt use a recipricating saw and cut bolts on each side of spring its much easier to repair bushings. Then install bolts from other direction for ease of repairs from then on.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Buy new bolts, bushings, & rubbers. Then cut the bolts out between the brackets and the shackles. The problem you are having is the bolt is rusted to the sleeve.
I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

too bad Club Car didn't follow E-Z-GO in leaving the rear upper shackle accessible...... Do as Scotty says though and you should be ok. I've also found it is far easier for me if I go ahead and loosen the U-Bolts on the axle (on the side you are working on only) and I always set the fron bushing before setting the rear so that the spring is easier to manage.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

yea, its mostly the spring thats making it difficult. the upper rear shackle was easy compared to the front half of this leaf! i'll try loosing the U bolt first, and if that doesn't work i'll lift the other side.

the front bolt was stuck pretty bad. i lined up a long piece of steel rod up with the bolt and had my dad hit with a hammer from the other side of the cart. came right out! bolts are in surprisingly good shape aside from a little rust.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car