lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #41
happilymaad
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '82 G1 not getting gas

Update: Finally got the engine back together.

I installed the coil plate. When I removed it for the tear down, there was already a mark on it. So when I reinstalled, I made sure the marks lined up.

The installed the flywheel mageto and fan. I made a mark on the fan and mageto prior to disassembling. When I cleaned off fan, it states on the fan where the key is supposed to be.

Although I am premixing my gas, I reinstalled the oil pump, as I hear this helps keep the crankshaft seal in.

I didn't get any pictures of the clutch going back together. However here are some pictures of everything reassembled

Exhaust side:

Carb Side:

Per request, here is a close up of the nipples under the carb. The larger one goes to the fuel pump.

Should be able to get it in the cart either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
happilymaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #42
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Your engine is beautiful
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #43
happilymaad
Not Yet Wild

Mounted engine last night and connected everything. Had to wait until this morning to attempt starting, as I forgot to charge the battery. She starts up and runs pretty good. It runs about 14 mph by gps. Still have a lot of work to do to it, but very glad it runs and goes.
happilymaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #44
bryceb711
Not Yet Wild

I'm having a similar issue and wanted to see if anyone had an idea. I have a G1 and it started having trouble driving without me holding in the choke. It finally stopped running, I replaced the fuel lines, fuel pump, spark plug, and boot. It worked for about another week and then stopped again. No gas is getting to the fuel pump.
I have since replaced the carb, fuel filter, crank seals (both sides), vacuum lines, and I still can't get it to start.
It has 120lbs compression and it does start cranking when I spray starter fluid into the carb, but gas is still not getting to the carb or even down into the fuel filter by the tank. The spark plug was very dark when I pulled it out and there was wet oil residue on the threads.
bryceb711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha