lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2011, 04:20 AM   #11
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Exhaust restriction

Jumping in a little late, and I am on my phone at work.

The *normal* end of that stock ezgo muffler has no crimp in it at all.

It is about 3/4 " round opening. If it was me I would open it, it won't be that much louder.

As far as air flow and hp, if you open up one of these robins and say put a header on, the intake side (stock) is so restrictive (airbox and such) not sure you will get the results youwant by just modifying the exhaust..
In other words, if you're gonna open up one end, better plan on larger jet for the carb, that CPP has, and cold air intake ( the stainless or billet version) withK & N filter.

I put a home made connector and a Kand N filter on and dumped the
Airbox, but it made starting it a whole relearn adventure..
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #12
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Either way you decide to go I would at the very least cut off the pinched in part by cutting off a small section and go from there.
I was thinking for now I'd cut off the crimped part. Then down the line I can do the muffler modification.

I better pick up a couple new hack saw blades. I'm guessing you'll want good blades when working under tight conditions.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #13
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

I GOT A GREAT DEAL ON THE HEADER/MUFFLER. SO NATURALLY I PUT IT ON. I HAVE NOT CHANGED THE JET IN THE CARB OR INTAKE YET. BUT, IT IS TAKING OFF HARDER THAN BEFORE. IM ALSO GOING TO MODIFY THE STOCK AND COMPARE THE TWO. IVE HEARD EVERYONES OPINION, AND DID NOT REALLY FEEL THAT ANY ONE GAVE ANY REAL PROS OR CONS.

OH, THE HEADER/MUFFLER MAKES MY CART SOUND KINDA LIKE A VW BUG
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #14
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake80 View Post
I GOT A GREAT DEAL ON THE HEADER/MUFFLER. SO NATURALLY I PUT IT ON. I HAVE NOT CHANGED THE JET IN THE CARB OR INTAKE YET. BUT, IT IS TAKING OFF HARDER THAN BEFORE. IM ALSO GOING TO MODIFY THE STOCK AND COMPARE THE TWO. IVE HEARD EVERYONES OPINION, AND DID NOT REALLY FEEL THAT ANY ONE GAVE ANY REAL PROS OR CONS.

OH, THE HEADER/MUFFLER MAKES MY CART SOUND KINDA LIKE A VW BUG
Yeah.. I put my K/n filter on just because it's easier to take care of and all
that.. BUT, I could tell it wanted to breath a little more (as in a header) but
I never did that..as I had my long term eye set on the twin.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinman88 View Post
I was thinking for now I'd cut off the crimped part. Then down the line I can do the muffler modification.

I better pick up a couple new hack saw blades. I'm guessing you'll want good blades when working under tight conditions.

If you take a nice 10" flat blade Craftsman screwdriver..or Blue Point Snap On
if you are so blessed, and stick it in that slot, and wiggle it a bit, and then push it in about and inch and give it the old back and forth, in and out, round and round..you will have a stock opening in about 15 seconds.

Save the knuckle for another day..you'll need it.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
If you take a nice 10" flat blade Craftsman screwdriver..or Blue Point Snap On
if you are so blessed, and stick it in that slot, and wiggle it a bit, and then push it in about and inch and give it the old back and forth, in and out, round and round..you will have a stock opening in about 15 seconds.
You know I was just thinking about that today. I thought it would probably be a good idea to stick a screwdriver up there first and try to enlarge it, rather then cut it off.

Quote:
Save the knuckle for another day..you'll need it.
Over the years I've done enough jobs with an improper tool, that I no longer have knuckles.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO