lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
scotto
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New to the cart world

Hey everyone, Well I just joined the ranks of cart owners and bought a muddy mess of a 98 TXT with the 295 in it. It's been cleaned up some and now I'm looking to improve it's performance a little. What I've done so far is rebuild the driven clutch adding the power spring and the 28 deg helix and slides. I have the stiff spring for the drive clutch but I'm going to wait to install to see how I like what I have now. I've rejetted the carb, adjusted the valves and replaced the belts, air filter and plugs. As it is now the cart will run 16.7 mph (GPS) up and down my lane. I'm just going to use the cart to run around on my place, pull a lawn roller and small trailer that kind of stuff. The better half and family will run it some too. If anyone knows any inexpensive tricks for torque and speed they would like to share I'll appreciate them.
scotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to the cart world

Welcome to bgw! Sounds like you got a nice cart... everything you are looking for is in the Ezgo Gas tech section here ....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-gas-tech/

Shorter belt and governor tricks too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...en-clutch.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...olf-carts.html

Try these for some good info. on speed, looks and torque in addition to what you already have. Just be moderate with the gov. adjustment, b/c too much speed can shorten the life of these engines. Larger tires will help your overall speed but will decrease torque some. The shorter belt will help with this. In addition with the 28 deg. cam it will make shifting a little tough at first, but this will get better as the belt breaks in. These are the cheapest ways to anwer your question that i know of. There are other options, but they tend to favor the wallet a little more. Hope this helps.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
scotto
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info guys. Lots of stuff to look at. This is going to be fun to mess around with. I'll let you know how things go as I tinker with it. Maybe next winter I'll pull it apart for paint and graphics. My wife already thinks I'm nuts. She says it's just a golf cart.....She just don't understand....
Old 02-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's just a golf cart!? Next time she spends 30 minutes in front of the mirror tell her It's just hair
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
scotto
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just told her that and guess what, tonight I get to sleep with my cart!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO