lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
camojfk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default engine/clutch

ok guys i have a 82 ez go 2 stroke it has trouble going up hills it runs great on flat land. as soon as i start going up a hill it losses power if i stop and start again, it's good for maybe 50 feet. the engine has 95 compression and i just changed the belt.the local shop thought it was the clutch they tired to work on it but could not get it off the cart???? after 3 weeks they gave it back to me and said sell it as-is.

this website kicks ***
camojfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: engine/clutch

Sounds like the Drive-Clutch(engine-mounted) isn't down-shifting.Does it rattle alot?More than likely if its' rattling,then its' hanging up.Mine did the same thing you are describing,We have a long trail from the track out back coming back up to the house and it has a decent rise to it for a good 3-400 feet,my cart would just die,then i'd stop and take off and it was fine.With the cart parked,grab the drive-clutch and rock it back/forth see if you hear rattles in it.Also,depending on what is done to the cart(larger tires?)you may have to shim the Driven-Clutch to keep it from shifting too soon,and lugging you down.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
camojfk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks pachanga90 it dosen t make much noise when i run the cart. i grabbed
the clutch and didn't hear rattles. the cart does have larger tires but it was doing this before i lifted it

thanks for the help
camojfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Remove the seat.Get a board(2x8 or so)put it across the opening.Carefully drive the cart in the same manner that you would when it acts up,and see what the clutches are doing.If the Driven has a weak/broken spring.it will start closing up fairly quickly.Watch to see if the Drive-clutch comes in and then doesn't release as you slow-down under load.This will help narrow-down your clutch problems.You could have someone ride on the back and watch them too,that way you aren't driving and looking down to watch them.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO