lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
mortimer
Getting Wild

Default cheap but slow

Bought a '94 Yamaha G8 electric for the price of the new batteries which i am picking up this week. It has one issue. It goes about 5mph. Feels as though it might quit going up hills but makes it everytime. Prtevious owner was teaching his son how to drive...LOL. I think he was 14. Have searched for slow speed and other titles with little success. The batteries have been in a good working cart and have proven to be fine. We even tried that again ourselves at the campground. Reverse seems ok. Not sure where to start because I am new to electrics. I have read many posts about them trying to get a better understanding of what I am in for. Don't know how to check these diodes, resistors, relays and the v-glide or pot box. Could someone give me a rundown and possibly what and how to check things? The multimeter ie ready.
If all goes well, I might tackle my in-laws electrics and help them out.

Thanks in advance.
I got a ton of info on here that went a mile with my 2 old CC rebuilds. Which both are adding up on the hours quickly.
A big thumbs up to this site and all the geniuses who help.
mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
mortimer
Getting Wild

Default Re: cheap but slow

Please excuse the 2 posts. My browser is not working right. Sorry.
mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: cheap but slow

mort, i know very little about yamy elec,s but one peice of advice is if your gonna tackle things yourself 1st thing to do is buy the service manual ..............its worth every penny and then some...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha