lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #11
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Front Cowl Questions

isn't the differance when they went to the plastic bodies? before that they were fiberglass. that is when they did away with the bolt on rear fender flares for some years. now i see those are back too on some xrt models..

I know when you pop a plastic front end on an older cart you have to put about a 3/8 to 1/2 inch shim or so under the front windsheild mount as the body sits higher/ the mount is lower to account for the fiberglass
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
RudeJoe
Getting Wild
Club Car

I'm not sure if the cowl on my 89 is original but it is the older style as discussed here and it is plastic not fiberglass.
RudeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
Chris,

I wasnt aware of a body cowl change either until this problem. And it is a difference in the cowls, I am looking at 3 in my shop. It appears 92 was the last year of the old style front cowl and fender flares on the rear. Also 92 was the first year for the Kaw FE-290 I believe?
Yeah Rose, I see it now. I think the shadows across the body lines and the missing badge were playing tricks on my old eyes It didn't help that all the listings for light kits I checked also covered all these years of DS. Off track a bit but in a similar vein; I just ran into an issue with a window regulator for an 04 Lincoln LS. ALL the suppliers said the new item would fit 02 - 06 model years but in 04 they changed the complete assembly and they are totally incompatible.
We live and learn my friend

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

No doubt
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I know this is an old thread but here's a pic for posterity showing the cowl difference, side-by-side:

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car