lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
aviator8
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 G2 carb adjustment

I recently did some work to get m G2 running again. I had gas/oil in the airbox and it turned out to be a broken arm of the carb float pivot. I bought and installed a new carb, air filter, plug, gas filter. The thing fired right up. I had some minor problems with the new carb and a sticky needle valve and leaking float bowl but quickly fixed those.

I set my carb adjustment to 1 and a half turns out from a lightly seated position. Now today I wanted to adjust it to find the sweet spot. In the past when I have adjusted carb you can hear and feel a noticeable difference as you change the mixture from lean to rich and back. But there seems to be no difference in performance or the engine feel or sound as i make adjustments. If I have the adjustment a quarter turn out or 4 turns out it runs the same. Can anyone shed some light for me. Right now I left it at 3/4 turn out.
aviator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 1990 G2 carb adjustment

Basically this low speed adjustment is for adjustment at idle and usually more noticable when the engines are used in other applications that require an idle.
By the time your cart fires and moves past the starter turning it, it is in the high speed circuit of the carb so not much response from it.
Set it at 1 1/2 and let it go.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
aviator8
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1990 G2 carb adjustment

thanks, for he reply I will do that.
aviator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha