lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My Ez-Go is almost complete

Picked up the cart the end of last Sept. I have been working on it over the winter and almost have it complete.

richard3529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My Ez-Go is almost complete

Looks great nice work
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

love the rims!
makeitloudnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

not my color but the wife loves it and wants one like it.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Started out as my cart and my wife claimed it when I started the assembly. I do have to say the color does look good with the all the black but I had plans on painting it to match my Harley (lava sun-glow red metallic). I am already planning on a second build this fall.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
CajunDavid
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quite a transformation. Nice work!
CajunDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the comments. The rear seat covers came in yesterday and they are installed and mounted. Installed a 400 watt marine stereo system with swing down speaker mounted to the top and under body LEDs. Headed to our first golf cart rally in two weeks. Thanks to all the post, I have made a number of other mods and all have worked out well.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #8
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard3529 View Post
Thanks for the comments. The rear seat covers came in yesterday and they are installed and mounted. Installed a 400 watt marine stereo system with swing down speaker mounted to the top and under body LEDs. Headed to our first golf cart rally in two weeks. Thanks to all the post, I have made a number of other mods and all have worked out well.
Pic's Please I'd like to see the speakers your talking about.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
firecart1
Getting Wild

Nice!! I liked the old rims and tires better...Just my opinion. Looked like it could go anywhere!! Nice job though!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hello BoneCracker. The stereo is a Pyle marine unit (radio, 400 watt amp and 4 – 6 ½”” speakers). I mounted the radio in the dash and ran the speaker wires from the radio to the amp inside the right front roof support. The power, ground and amp control wires are inside the left front roof support. This was a royal pain but the results are worth the effort. I had to drill two ½” holes in the body and roof support between the existing roof mounting bolts and two holes in the top of the roof bracket facing the back. I made the speaker box with speaker isolation and installation and mounted to the roof with a ss piano hinge. I made a spacer block out of 1 ½” square ss tube, 13” long by 1/8” wall thickness and beveled both ends. This allowed it to span 3 of the roof indentions (or what ever they are called). I used 3 flat head carriage bolts through these three indentions and into the tube. I mounted a small trunk type slide bolt on the ss and the loop in the speaker box. Slide it back and the speakers swing down and pull the back and slide the lock in place and you are ready to travel. I am 6’ 5” and can see under them in this position. It’s also not really an issue for me to drive with them in the down position. We wanted a system we could use riding around without everyone else having to ‘enjoy it’ but something we could also used parked at the RV for a sound system. The radio has the small input as well as SD card and thumb drive. I mounted the amp under the roof also to allow access to the master controls. The details show up a lot better on the original roof color. After I painted the roof black everything but the amp blends in. The speaker grills are white but we covered them with black stretch material. This was an off the wall idea but turned out well. I am sure I will be making changes down the road. We have a golf cart rally and two bike rallies in April to do the shake down runs.

Last edited by richard3529; 03-27-2012 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Album didn't attach
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO