lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
jwriege
Not Yet Wild

Default 79 Ezgo Gas-Need Help to Customize

Hi Everybody, I'm a newbie looking for some insight on where to shop for accessories that would work for a 79 Ezgo Marathon (Pic attached). I just bought this cart for $800, seemed like a good deal but provide input if not.

Problem I'm running into is that since the cart is so old, a lot of online retailers do not carry accessories like dashboards that will fit. I'd prefer not to fabricate anything myself. Any input is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart.jpg (18.8 KB, 0 views)
jwriege is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 79 Ezgo Gas-Need Help to Customize

I'm not sure how much they will have available for a 79 but I've found the site sponsors and great help in getting my carts up, running and modified. if you look at the top of the page there is a link to the sponsors. If you are a little more specific on what type of parts you are looking for it will help the forum readers to point you in a specific direction.
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
jwriege
Not Yet Wild

Good to know thank you. Is there a way to make these carts a little quieter? Once going, the cart noise is fairly low, but the engine noise is loud when getting up to speed and stopping.
jwriege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Because the exhaust port opens during the power stroke the 2 stroke engine is comparatively more noisy than the 4 stroke. In addition the exhaust gasket is subject to a much greater thermal load and has a tendency to burn out. I suggest that you get a set of gaskets, and 1980 gaskets will fit, and replace the ones at each end of the exhaust pipe. While you are in there this might be a good time to BBQ the muffler.

I really don't want to rain on your parade but many parts for the pre 1980 Marathon engine are no longer available. Now it may be that you have a great engine that is going to last many years but it may be as well to test the compression now to get an idea of the engine's status before you invest your hard earned on accessories. If your compression is less than 100 psi, that is cause for concern.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO