lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Sbaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: External sparks from coil on G1

The shaking seems to be gone. My guess is the spark problems were the culprit. I still have the rattling though. I had my wife putt around the driveway and the rattling, very loud, gets much worse under load. It doesn't lurch like you mentioned. It actually starts and runs well. Could it be the clutch weights? Is there a way to grease or lube them?
Sbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Mrrogers24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a noise that sounds similar to yours. There is a zerk fitting on the primary, dont put more than 1 pump with a grease gun in it, the secondary may or may not have a zerk fitting on the sliding sheave near the center. Put maybe two pumps of grease in the zerk. My cart doesnt have one, ive been lubing the shaft with a light amount of grease. You can also take the primary clutch cover off and clean and lightly lube it.
Mrrogers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Sbaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Should I lube the weights themselves? Is there a way to quiet them or is this a sign to replace them?
Sbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha