lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
rb8484
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Throttle cable replacment and surge tank

I had the dealer put in a new engine in my G2 and they said everything looked good, but my throttle cables were stretched out and they could not adjust the cable. I am going to order a new cables. Should I order both of them? One from the peddle to the governor, and one from the governor to the carb? Any tips on replacing them? Does it take much to adjust the cables?

Second, I have found that I do not have a surge tank on my air box. I notice a square hole in the side of the air box and figured something should be there and did some research and found there is suppose to be a surge tank there. Looks like I just need part #26 in this diagram??......http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamaha-par...9umorp6v5dcq74
Should I get one, or run without? The cart is still new to me, and I have not had it running perfect yet, and thought it was the cable needing replaced like the dealer said, but Im thinking it may be because of this surge tank not being there. Should I start with replacing the cable or tank??

Any help would be great!!
rb8484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Throttle cable replacment and surge tank

you can order just the cable to the govener and run it to the carb. then you have bypassed the govener, BUT...... you have no govenor on it, someone can then over rev the heck out of it and toast your new motor.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
rb8484
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadady View Post
you can order just the cable to the govener and run it to the carb. then you have bypassed the govener, BUT...... you have no govenor on it, someone can then over rev the heck out of it and toast your new motor.
Yeah, I don't want to bypass the governor. We use the cart at our campground and I let my friends drive it, so I don't need someone blowing up my new engine!
rb8484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually its the long one pedal to governor that goes bad. Its not that hard to put on. You can adjust it under the floor panel, pull it out and take a look (after you turn off the key because you need to move the pedals). Sometimes the threads strip off the adjuster maybe that is what he is talking about. Sometimes you can put a spacer like washers or a nut on it depending what direction you need it to adjust. I would have to look but don't think the part on the trans adjusts. I think the short cable to carb likely will last forever as it does little.

Surge tank? Its a noise suppressor/muffler. I took mine off and had to enlarge the main jet to make it run right again, it would usually cut out when I floored it. I'd give you mine if I can find it, I took it off many years ago. It is still far quieter than a stock CC with the intake between your legs and that stupid hand choke thing.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
throt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha