lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Smile Re: New to this forum

I found this sight!

http://gilbertgolfcarparts.com/crank...rs-p-4423.html

$154.00 no bad of price!!! if they have them in stock call them before you ordering it on line. Some times they have to back order and it may take a mouth or more to get to you.

you might want to run a search on this part # you never know what will popup.

344 - Crankshaft assembly. For Yamaha gas (2 cycle) G1 all years. OEM 432 Yamaha: J10-11400-00

I have a question for all of you G1's
when you put the two haves of the crank case back together what brand or type of sealing due you use?

Boy I would have love to know the trick with the gas grill and the chilling parts trick when I was rebuilding my block.

One other little tip when installing oil seals it helps if you use a large socket to tap home seal .

rebuilding project like yours can be "fun" just do not rush it, ask lots of question.
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: New to this forum

You can use the freezer/grill trick with the seals also. They pop right in, just make sure the grill is just "warm" and that the crankcase isn't "hot" because the rubber on the seals could melt. Go easy with the heat.

To seal the crankcases I used Permatex Grey high temp silicone. Worked great. The cases will be hot when you put them together so let them cool just a bit, wear some rubber gloves, spread a thin bead on each side and spread it even, then put them together all the way and bolt it up. Don't torque the bolts until it fully cools, and even then go easy, this aluminum is soft and the threads will strip. I suggest using the torque wrench and use proper specs.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New to this forum

when I rebuilt my g1 engine I used permitex 2 not very happy with seal. new project is to replace G1 engine with a Brova engine.G1 engine plans are to replace oil seals and redue the casing seals then sale on ebay. I also have basket full of used parts from the old motor.

Thank you for all your help! grate job.

Last edited by nwarren9; 11-05-2012 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: sp
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha