lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
rwsutley
Not Yet Wild

Default Radio rattles/ caused by roof?

My son recently had a few customized options put on my 09 Yamaha drive as a birthday present. Overall I am very pleased with how it came out. However, the radio rattles when driving down the road. The dealer sent out a guy to fix the rattle and he said it is the roof that rattles. I questioned why they would install a new roof and attach a radio to it if they knew it would rattle. He said that there is no roof that does not rattle when a radio is hung from it. The roof they installed is a long one that covers the rear seat. It is also black, perhaps one they have had for a long time and were unable to sell. It is the first black roof I recall seeing on a cart.

My question is; is he blowing smoke up my azz or is that the truth? If there is a better choice for a roof that would not rattle please give me the name.

Thank you in advance.
rwsutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
jgolfin
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Radio rattles/ caused by roof?

I don't know about hanging from the roof but I have mine running the full width and mounted to the supports. There is no rattle at all. My cart is almost identical to yours and I can post a few pics tonight. I would think if the roof flexes at all under weight that it would rattle.
jgolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Courtesycartguy227
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Radio rattles/ caused by roof?

I have installed many of radios bolted up to the roof and if the roof rattle before it took care of the rattle after installing the radio. I think it might be the wires inside the console rattleing around or the radio itself not the roof. The only roofs that still rattle after installing the radio is the Yamaha 82" suntop. It is a two piece molded top and the two pieces will hit each other and make a rattling nosie.
Courtesycartguy227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha