lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Lifted G16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 HD F & R Switch

This is my first one also, I purchased it about 6 months ago and immediately replaced the batteries with Trojans. I just added the back seat and billet steering wheel about 4 months ago. So I just got the new motor, solenoid, controller and HD springs in the rear installed now I am just waiting on figuring out this switching ordeal. I did use my old one to do a 10 second ride and it is a huge improvement but the connections on the switch get extremely hot to the touch so she is parked now until I get this figured out.
Lifted G16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
Lifted G16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Another question that someone might have some input on.... When I take off something beeps and the power cuts down, is this the controller? I have looked all over their website along with forums and I have not found any information on what this is or what it means. It seems like the cart is going to pull the front wheels off the ground and then it slows down almost like traction control on a car. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

got your diode and resistor on your solenoid?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
Lifted G16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

No I do not. I was not aware that I needed one. I replaced everything as it came off. Where exactly do they go?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

nivel part number 409 & 411. diode goes on small terminals of solenoid with stripe facing positive wire. resistor goes on large terminals of solenoid. alltrax instructions specify you Must install these, but they are not included. total cost will be less than 15$, i dont know about shipping $.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #16
Lifted G16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Awesome thank you I just ordered both.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:00 AM   #17
bossboy302
Not Yet Wild

Lifted: Make any progress? Get her running well again?

cgtech: any word on the HD f&r switch you hinted at making? Tired of staring at my unusable cart...

Thanks, Brian
bossboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
Lifted G16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Bossboy302- I ordered a EZGO HD F & R Switch from Scotty B and got it mounted now I am trying to figure out the wiring from the Yamaha switch to the EZGO. Has anyone done this conversion that might be able to help me wire up the micro switches? Its alot more difficult than it looks, atleast for me it is. I am afraid of burning something up. Other than that she should be ready to go back together and see how she performs.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

one microswitch is on in either F or R position, it gets the 2 yellow wires. the other microswitch is only on in the R position, it gets the 2 pink wires. the wires go on the center terminal and the "NC" terminal on both switches.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #20
Lifted G16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Awesome!! Thanks for the help. Does it matter which yellow wire goes to which terminal? I know that the red wire goes to the key and the pink wire goes to the reverse buzzer.

Tags
0 awg wiring, alltrax 650, raptor motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha