lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
johnshenry
Not Yet Wild

Default Rev limiter location '99/FE290

Where is the rev limiter on this engine? Is it under the cover on the right side? I want to disable it. I can see that the spark plug wire goes under there.

TIA

JH
johnshenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Rev limiter location '99/FE290

the rev limiter is the box you see, just above the oil drain plug, disconnect the brown wire, and tape it off, out of the way.........

ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
johnshenry
Not Yet Wild

Done, thanks for the pic.....
Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

might look into getting a tach.........dont want to pop your motor......anything over 4200 rpms is critical ........keep that in mind......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
johnshenry
Not Yet Wild

If I didn't modify the governor any, is it true that the max rpms will still be controlled? I took it for a spin last night and floored I could feel something softly limiting the revs when I held it on the floor.

Also, unrelated to the original topic, the oil light came on a few times when I had it wide open, but went out as soon as I let up on the gas. I had changed the oil and filter a few weeks ago. I checked the oil level as soon as I got it back in the shop and it was about 3/4 of the way up between the marks on the dipstick. Normal??

This is not my cart, tuning it up for a friend. He's a pretty conservative guy though and won't be thrashing it...
Old 07-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

If you didn't undo the govenor than what you felt was probably the govenor. It runs off of the rear transaxle based on speed, not RPM's. With the govenor still hooked up you will still have the same top speed that you had before the limiter was disengaged.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car