lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
Dodgeguy44
Not Yet Wild

Default Can rear axles be swapped between models?

Can a newer rear axle be installed in a G9 so as to add a diff lock or do other years have locking differentials that would fit?
Dodgeguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
thoffman2000
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Knoxville, IA - The Sprint Car Capital of the World!
Default Re: Can rear axles be swapped between models?

Sorry for Hi-jacking your thread but I have a similar question...Maybe someone can answer both.

What rear ends are interchangable between G2/G9, G8, G14, G16, etc? I have a '93 G8 with some noise in the rear and I'm trying to find out what I can replace with if it comes to that.

Thanks.
thoffman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
moesdeals
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoffman2000 View Post
Sorry for Hi-jacking your thread but I have a similar question...Maybe someone can answer both.

What rear ends are interchangable between G2/G9, G8, G14, G16, etc? I have a '93 G8 with some noise in the rear and I'm trying to find out what I can replace with if it comes to that.

Thanks.
Hoff,
I have a G16 good complete rear end including the clutch that I am considering putting on eBay. If you find that this will work then let me know.
moesdeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
thoffman2000
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Knoxville, IA - The Sprint Car Capital of the World!

Thanks for the heads up Moes! But I think shipping on a complete rear will likely kill any potential deals. I don't know, we're only 2 states apart.

Any one have answers to the questions above regarding interchangeability of rear ends? And, maybe what would benefits/drawbacks be of doing so?

Thanks!
thoffman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
moesdeals
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoffman2000 View Post
Thanks for the heads up Moes! But I think shipping on a complete rear will likely kill any potential deals. I don't know, we're only 2 states apart.

Any one have answers to the questions above regarding interchangeability of rear ends? And, maybe what would benefits/drawbacks be of doing so?

Thanks!
The one person that would know for sure is smallblock. Send him a PM.
moesdeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I have installed a G8 and early G14 Yamaha transaxle assy into a G16 before, should just bolt up. The G2/G9's share the same Yamaha "center section", but the axle tubes/axles are quite differant lengths.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

G2 rear end will fit into a G1 without too much modification. This would be best suited for an engine swap because the offset for the driven clutch is different.

The G2 swing arm will actually bolt right in to the G1 chassis, but the shock mounts have to be relocated.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha