lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Aftermarket Carb's

How successful have most of you been with aftermarket carbs?

I don't want to name any names.....but.......I've purchased a few aftermarket carbs for the club car, and I run into a BUNCH of issues with them. Received one and the throttle was broken and wouldn't move the butterfly. Purchased another one and had the wrong jets in it (had a high altitude jet and I live in Southwest MS!)

I just had a customer bring me a cart and it was burning very rich! Plug was extremely black. He has to change the plug after 2 rounds of golf. I removed the head and it was caked with carbon! In addition, he had gas in his oil and oil was black as night.

Most issues I see with fuel in oil have to do with a bad needle valve. I took apart the carb and it was clean as a whistle. BUT.....I noticed the carb was an aftermarket carb. Contacted customer and he said he purchased online for about $85. I've never had much success with aftermarket carbs......not knocking any specific company!!!!! My just be using the wrong supplier!!!!!

I suggested going with Club Car carb. $242! But.....I've never had a problem going to CC carbs.

Anybody else had issues with too rich or lean conditions on aftermarket carbs? Even with the "adjustments", I just can't seem to get lucky with aftermarket.
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
3547fl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Aftermarket Carb's

I just bought one off ebay and it seems to be working great one my CarryAll 1, I bought another aftermarket off ebay about 3 years ago for my other CarryAll and have had no problems with it at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281179089757...84.m1439.l2649
3547fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car