lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
paulss
Getting Wild

Default Tune up question - 98 ds

I pulled the owners's manual and did a tune up - spark plug NGK BP5ES gapped at 30, new air, oil and 2 fuel filters, fresh engine and transaxle fluids and new fuel lines. It runs fine but it seems to be harder to start when cold. I've only had it for a month but had never hit the choke before I tuned it up. Now I hit the choke whenever it's cold (remembering it was 101 today).

When I changed the air filter, I just popped open the 2 front latches and then pulled it out and wiggled the other one in. I'm pretty sure that it fit properly and the latches closed easily. Is it possible that I messed something up in the choke system? I also noticed the vent hose running from the tank was not connected at the carburetor and I hooked it up.

Any ideas or should I consider this the new normal? If so, I'm really not looking forward to the winter!

Thanks again for all your help.

Paul
paulss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Tune up question - 98 ds

vent hose from tank should not hook to anything
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
paulss
Getting Wild

I wasn't sure so I unhooked it. Still runs the same when cold.

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #4
gatesjunior
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here's a thought. Your old air-filter was plugged enough it was acting like a choke. I always have to choke mine a little if it has set a day or so, very normal and nothing to worry about. As long as she runs good and starts without it after warmed up, I wouldn't even worry about it.
gatesjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
paulss
Getting Wild

gatesjunior -

Hopefully you're right. I drove it quite a bit yesterday and it kicked right off this morning w/no choke needed. My BIL has been driving it today and it's run great - no hesitancy to start or choke needed.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help.

Paul
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car