lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
summitlt
Not Yet Wild

Default Bought my first cart. How big is too big for tires?

Got a 86 G1. I was going to lift it and run 25" rear and 22" front tires. I chose these sizes because I already have them.

After the maiden voyage with my cart I found there really isnt a whole lot of power, especially in the lowend. I have had a lot of lifted truck and understand ow tire diameter effects gearing. Am I going to ruin what little performance I have by running 25" tires?
summitlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Bought my first cart. How big is too big for tires?

Without clutch work, yes.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Bought my first cart. How big is too big for tires?

Exactly. A good running G1 should be able to peel the stock tires on grass with no problem but yes more gearing is harder to holeshot/climb/tow. G1 can get a lot of rpm and go fast with stock tires, but that don't help with lifts and big tires. Its kinda up to you. G1 should not have much different power than a 4 cycle excepting a newer 357 yamaha, they are a very low rpm 2 stroke but will rev out. They used the same clutch with no issue other than the G2 clutch can hit the frame when you lift it. Working over the clutches can get you back most of the lost power at low speeds. Cutting the head and few other things will give some more power, a fresh top end is also needed on a 2 stroke to get the most power so check the compression.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha