lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
cab188
Not Yet Wild

Default Compression issues with fe 290

This thing won't start, and it is blowing back out of the carb while turning over. It is not firing either, just replaced coil, igniter coil, and spark plug. Valves appear to working fine. Could I have a broke shear key on the flywheel? Or is it a cam issue. And what about the ACR. Last time it was running fine, a little trouble starting sometimes, did a compression check, and it was really screwy. Hit the started and it went to 70. Released starter then hit it again, jumped to 100. Release and start again, went to 140. Now it won't do anything. Any thoughts?
cab188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Default Re: Compression issues with fe 290

Well I had the same problem.but I had spark.and little to none compression.so I took the valve cover off and seen that the exhaust valve was stuck lower than the intake valve was.so I pulled the head and found that the exhaust valve seat had fallen about 3/16 0f a inch and was blowing by compression .this may be your problem on either valve.
Pull the head and inspect the valve seats and pour a small amount of gas as in 1/2 tea spoon of gas in the lower part of piston while in the lower position and see if the gas is by passing the rings and getting into the crank case if it is bad rings..if no seeping of gas check your valve seats
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #3
cab188
Not Yet Wild

That's a possibility right there that I had not thought of, especially after having swallowed two carb floats in the past year. Will check that out and thanks.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
cab188
Not Yet Wild

This may sound like a dissertation or something, but I got to share this with you all, such a good group
I have always been a good wrench, been a farmer and an ag pilot all my life of 53 years. And I love tinkering with these little devils. Heck, I''ve changed out 3 turbine engines in my ag planes and then flew them.
So I'm tooling along on this thing, and finally figure out must be a valve issue. Check the gap, intake is way out, adjust it back to right, same problem. Hmmm, better pull that head off and look. I do, and there is the intake not seated. Look through the chamber and see a nice shiny piece of brass. This butterfly has been in there for at least 6 months. I had forgotten bout it.
Cleaned everthing up, put head back on, same issue, air coming out the intake. IM done. Burn it. I dont care.
After I cooled down a bit, got to thinking, you adjusted the valves with the intake stuck open, heres your sign. Got that solved but still no spark. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car