lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default rear bearing problems or not?

cart is 2003 g22,to make it short, no grinding, whineing,rubbing or anything like that but my cart has developed a click or like a peck coming from the rear axle,took the wheels off and both hubs and inspected everything and it looked good no metal and no wobble either.also replaced the gear oil in the housing and no metal in the oil.I cant make it do it, it just does it seems like if your going slow its worse,under full accel it dont seem to do it,any help would be appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back yard cart 002.JPG (128.6 KB, 0 views)
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: rear bearing problems or not?

Sounds like wheel bearing to me. It is on the axle shaft, at the end where the wheel mounts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Sounds like wheel bearing to me. It is on the axle shaft, at the end where the wheel mounts.
thats kinda what i thought,I took the snap ring off and it seemed like it was gonna be a pain in the *** to get off the axle,do you know any secrets or the correct way to replace the bearing?
Old 09-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The correct way is to use a shop press, but you may not have one of those. A pipe bigger than the axle shaft, but smaller than bearing outer race, longer than the axle (plastic will probably do). Put the axle nut part-way back on, this will prevent the threads from damage when you tap with hammer. A short piece of pipe No Larger in diameter than the bearing inner race can be used as a re-installation tool. You need to try to avoid any shock stress (hammer whacks) on any part of the bearing other than the inner race. The bearings usually go off and on fairly easy, dont have to hit very hard. I am basing that statement on the assumption the axle shaft has been removed from the axle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The correct way is to use a shop press, but you may not have one of those. A pipe bigger than the axle shaft, but smaller than bearing outer race, longer than the axle (plastic will probably do). Put the axle nut part-way back on, this will prevent the threads from damage when you tap with hammer. A short piece of pipe No Larger in diameter than the bearing inner race can be used as a re-installation tool. You need to try to avoid any shock stress (hammer whacks) on any part of the bearing other than the inner race. The bearings usually go off and on fairly easy, dont have to hit very hard. I am basing that statement on the assumption the axle shaft has been removed from the axle.
hey got the bearing project complete no problem just like you said. now smooth as silk and no clicking,took about a hour,thanks for your advise and input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back yard cart 002.JPG (128.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-28-2014, 04:13 AM   #6
daledavis
Not Yet Wild

one of my friend has faced a similar problem with shaft.. but he didnt get the solution moved to the mechanic..
daledavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by daledavis View Post
one of my friend has faced a similar problem with shaft.. but he didnt get the solution moved to the mechanic..
hey just like cgtech said its easy, just turn your hub around and put the nut back on and the shaft will come out,I got my bearing off just by using a vise and a rubber malllet,be sure and keep those threads covered with the nut.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha